Types of Grants Available
McKinney Community Development Corporation Provides Three Distinct Types of Grant Opportunities
Project Grants provide financial support for projects eligible for consideration under Sections 501 and 505 of the Texas Local Government Code. These include the following:
- Projects related to the creation or retention of primary jobs.
- Infrastructure improvement projects necessary to develop new or expanded business enterprises.
- Public parks and open space improvements.
- Projects related to recreational or community (city / public access) facilities.
- Professional and amateur sports and athletic facilities, including children’s sports.
- Entertainment, tourist and convention facilities.
- Projects related to low-income Housing.
- Mass transit-related facilities.
- Airport facilities.
Promotional and Community Grants
Promotional and Community Event Grants provide financial support (not to exceed $15,000 per grant) for initiatives, activities and events that promote the City of McKinney for the purpose of developing new or expanded business opportunities, to attract visitors to our community and enhance quality of life for McKinney residents.
Retail Development Infrastructure Grants
Retail Development Infrastructure Grants (not to exceed $25,000 per grant and requires a match), was created as a pilot program in 2019 to provide funding support for infrastructure improvements for landmark retail properties within the City of McKinney.
For the purpose of this program, “landmark retail” is defined as buildings within the historic downtown area with boundaries that coincide with the “Cultural District” designation; retail redevelopment opportunities at locations that are viewed as gateways into the city (e.g. Highway 5 and Spur 399 – and other locations along Highway 5; Virginia Parkway and 75).
The Retail Development Infrastructure Grants will fund infrastructure improvements that are exterior to a property, necessary to promote or develop new or expanded business enterprises, and include:
- Electric Utilities
- Gas Utilities